Quest Termite & Pest's
Backyard Mosquito Control
Your yard should be a peaceful oasis where you relax, play with your family and enjoy yourself. But every summer, mosquitoes set up camp in your backyard, making barbecues and picnics much less relaxing. Quest Termite & Pest offers mosquito control services to homeowners throughout the Lehigh Valley, Bucks County and surrounding areas. Learn more about how we can give you back your yard.
Table of Contents
What Are the Risks of Mosquitoes?
Mosquitoes bite humans and animals, causing itchy welts on the skin. Some also spread diseases, including West Nile virus, malaria and Zika virus. Even mosquitoes that don’t directly spread disease can be a source of infection if a person scratches their bites and the wound becomes infected.
Mosquitos are drawn to light, so a well-lit backyard can be an attractive area for them. They also breed in standing water, such as puddles, birdbaths and ponds.
Lehigh Valley Pest Control Services
About Our Mosquito Control Services
Quest Termite & Pest provides seasonal mosquito control for yards across the Lehigh Valley and beyond. As a family-owned company based in the area, we’re proud to live and work in the community we serve. We can help you control the mosquitoes in your backyard so you can make the most of your summer.
Take Back Your Yard — Our Service Benefits
You want to enjoy your yard, not let the mosquitoes take over or worry about getting bitten.
When you call us, you can enjoy:
- Fast response: We respond quickly to new requests. Depending on your situation, we may even offer same-day service.
- Free consultation: It all starts with a phone consultation. From there, we’ll recommend the best course of action.
- Certified customer service: We are QualityPro® certified for superior customer service and have a history of satisfied customers.
What You Need to Know About Mosquitoes in the Lehigh Valley
Some useful facts to know about mosquitoes in the Lehigh Valley include:
Only female mosquitoes bite people and drink their blood. Mosquitoes are attracted to the carbon dioxide we exhale. They may also be attracted to certain body odors, which can explain why some people seem to get bitten more than others.
Helpful Mosquito Prevention Tips
Along with working with Quest Termite & Pest, there are a few things you can do to protect yourself and loved ones from mosquito bites:
- Use insect repellent: Choose an insect repellent registered with the Environmental Protection Agency and that contains an active ingredient like DEET. Apply it according to the package directions.
- Wear long pants and long sleeves: Cover up so mosquitoes have less to bite.
- Get rid of standing water: Every week, empty any buckets or watering cans that may have collected standing water. The same goes for planters, trashcans and empty tires.
- Put screens on your windows: Keep mosquitoes from entering your home by installing screens on your windows.
Connect With the Experts at Quest Termite & Pest Today
Quest Termite & Pest is a family-owned, local company in the Lehigh Valley. We’re committed to helping you enjoy your backyard this summer.
Contact us today to set up your free phone consultation and take the first step toward backyard mosquito control.